863.285.8287 75 East Broadway St.
email@example.com Fort Meade, FL. 33841
Fort Meade Public Library
The Library has a collection of resources, made accessible to the community for reference or borrowing. They host educational opportunities and promote literacy within the Community.
The Library is proud to announce the launch of a new WiFi pilot project. Patrons can now check out a WiFi device to be used at the convenience of their home.
The Mission of the Fort Meade Public Library is to provide valued services, resources, and lifelong learning opportunities through books and a variety of other formats. The Fort Meade Public Library will try to meet the informational, educational, cultural, and recreational needs of our diverse and changing population.
The Library is a forum for all points of view and adheres to the principles of intellectual freedom as expressed in the Library Bill of Rights formulated by the American Library Association.
The Fort Meade Public Library vision is to provide well-equipped and functional physical spaces where patrons can pursue independent learning and discovery. We believe that the Library can serve as a fundamental space with resources which will help empower its citizens to take charge of their lives, their government and communities through its programs and services.
Hours of Operation
Mondays - 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesdays - 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesdays - 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Thursdays - 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Fridays - 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturdays - CLOSED
Sundays - CLOSED
All new patrons who apply for a library card must have been a resident at their present address for at least one month and fill out an application inside the library. Must present two forms of identification with current address unless address is correct on driver’s license.
- Juveniles must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Out of county residents will have a new card fee of $50 per card/family
- New patrons - New library members of 30 days or less will be limited to 2 items checked out at a time.
- Patrons may checkout as many books as they would like, but can only checkout up to 6 DVD's at a time.
- If a patron is a poor borrower, the limit of 2 books can be extended beyond 6 months.
- You must have library card with you to check out materials
- Books are checked out for 2 weeks or 14 days
- Reference materials and current magazines may not be checked out.
- Books may be renewed twice. There are no renewals on our DVD, books that have “holds”, new books, or materials with restricted checkout times
- Books - There will be a 10 cents per day fine on each overdue item from our Library.
- If a patron owes a fine of $10.00 or greater, the patron’s account will be blocked from checking out any new material until the fine is under $10.00.
- Interlibrary Loan - .25 per day.
- Address change - .50 unless library is notified
- If patron needs a replacement for a lost card the fee is $1.00
Photocopies b/w .15 single side and .30 front & back
- Photocopies color - .25 and .40 front & back
- Printer copies - .15 per page
- Faxing - $2.00 for the first page and 20 cents for local and 30 cents for long distance (each additional pages).