Just some of the reasons to be counted!!
- School lunches. Plans for highways. Support for firefighters and families in need. Census results affect your community every day.
- The results of the 2020 Census will help determine how hundreds of billions of dollars in federal funding flow into communities every year for the next decade. That funding shapes many different aspects of every community, no matter the size, no matter the location.
- Think of your morning commute: Census results influence highway planning and construction, as well as grants for buses, subways, and other public transit systems.
- Think of your local schools: Census results help determine how money is allocated for the Head Start program and for grants that support teachers and special education.
- The Census determines how money is spent for programs to support rural areas, to restore wildlife, to prevent child abuse, to prepare for wildfires, and to provide housing assistance for older adults.
- Did you know that census data helps communities respond to natural disasters and secure funding for hospitals and fire departments?
- Census results affect planning and funding for education—including programs such as Head Start, Pell Grants, school lunches, rural education, adult education, and grants for preschool special education.
- Census results affect planning and funding for infrastructure—including programs for highway planning and construction, Section 8 housing, federal transit, community development, and rural water and waste disposal systems.
- Census results affect planning and funding for employment and training—including programs for vocational rehabilitation state grants and dislocated workers.
10. Census results affect planning and funding for healthcare—including programs such as Medicaid, Medicare Part B, State Children’s Health Insurance, and the prevention and treatment of substance abuse.
11. The 2020 Census will provide a snapshot of our nation—who we are, where we live, and so much more. The results of this once-a-decade count determine the number of seats each state has in the House of Representatives. They are also used to draw congressional and state legislative districts.
12. Over the next decade, lawmakers, business owners, and many others will use 2020 Census data to make critical decisions. The results will show where communities need new schools, new clinics, new roads, and more services for families, older adults, and children.
The 2020 Census will provide a snapshot of Polk County—who we are, how we've grown, and so much more. The results of the 2020 Census will help determine how hundreds of billions of dollars in federal funding flow into communities, like Polk County, every year for the next decade. From school lunches, to plans for highways, to support for first responders, the count from the 2020 Census shapes many different aspects of our community here in Polk County.
Have you been counted? www.2020census.gov
#PolkCounts! #PolkCounty #2020Census #Census #BeCounted #SafeEasyImportant